Wednesday, May 11, 2011

another scary day with even more questions and problems of our customer

Hey everybody, I will not go into details about my day and I am not prepared to hear any more advice. But let me tell you about one very funny thing I did today: I gave a name to a person! Chinese people who deal with "western" people usually decide for a "western" name, so that these "western" people can understand and memorize their name easier. So you find a lot of Toms and Cathys and Lucys and Emiliys and Eduards around - you would not be able to remember their names anyway.
Thiago and myself were take out for lunch and dinner by our customer again today, and this sounds nice, but it is scary, since it is A LOT of food and you have to taste everything to be polite... anyway, there was this very nice lady from Marketing of the Jobcenter who joined us for lunch and dinner and after dinner I asked her, what her name was. I was apparently "Sue", but I was not aware of her name. She said she was "Tom Khong" (if I remember correctly) and she look sad and said, that she did not have any "western" name. Then she asked me, if I could recommend one to her. WOW! The only names I have given so far was to my soft toys or those of my nephew and niece! So I decided to take this seriously, as the name should fit to her - and after some reflection "Vivian" came to my mind. I wrote it down, and she took the piece of paper with her, looking happy (I hope, she really was...)...
I will leave you with this story tonight... - Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment